Friday, February 20, 2009

HEART 2 HEART - "The Write Coast"

Stomach in, chest out, and breathe!

In a few days time I'll be crawling into my suburu forester along with my two huskies and two cats and heading west, to southern California. This is a temporary relocation but it's for good reason. My baby girl is going to have a baby boy in a few weeks and I want to understand all the rules and regs to earn the title, Grammy Jo!

The fact that I'll be trying to write on the west coast and not from my cozy, loft office in the Rocky Mountains ... well, I'm a bit concerned about finding comfort in any "new writing spot." And then there's the other thing ... CA is a huge place and I'm a total unknown in any CA Hood. At least in the Rockies, my friends have ever been supportive of my writing habits, good and bad, and there are always a few friendly faces at signings. I hope the natives in southern CA are friendly!

I hope to hit the ground running (well, how about waddling) and join the local RWA chapter in Los Angeles, and approach many of the local libraries as well as bookstores. Hey, I used to sell Girl Scout Cookies and maybe my skills with mint cookie sales will come in handy. Naaa ... we all know mint cookies sell themselves. I've got it! I'll get myself lasered and lasicked and nail-polished and waxed and made over, and then maybe I'll get a library card or two, for starters.

I'll let you know if the Write Coast is Right for me. Tune in tomorrow ...

:-) Jo(anne) Gregg Sundell
www.joannesundell.com
author@joannesundell.com

MATCHMAKER, MATCHMAKER
A...MY NAME'S AMELIA
THE PARLOR HOUSE DAUGHTER
MEGGIE'S REMAINS
THE QUAKER AND THE CONFEDERATE-HEARTS DIVIDED
THE QUAKER AND THE CONFEDERATE-HEARTS PERSUADED

No comments: